Saturday 25 February 2012

Possible song choice and Film style inspiration

Once it was decided we were going to go with a british style film i decided to look into some possible songs to use for the party scene or the chase scene. One song instantly popped into my head from british group The streets. I thought it would be appropriate to use a british music in the film as it would add to the atmosphere and feel of the film. I have also seen the song used in other films such as Adulthood.

The lyrics talk about loss and trying to find his girlfriend at a party as well as his physical and mental state getting worse throughout with the use of alcohol and drugs. This is very fitting and if used correctly I think would be suitable for the film. There is also an instrumental version without the lyrics so I have more to play with.

The video is also interesting with a lot of hand held camera movement which is what we were planning to go for in some of the scenes as this is quite common in british production such as Skins. One scene which caught my eye was when the two guys in the video are walking down the corridor and the camera keeps switching from both their points of view and it is stumbling and shaking as they are. I like this style and would like to try and incorporate it into the party scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment